Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 29: My athlete

He's my number two guy.  The second most important man in my life, only behind my farmer.

He wants to play football and basketball for Illinois then move to the NFL, NBA, or Major League Baseball.  He would prefer to play for a Chicago team so he can come home and help dad farm when he's not playing.


We talk a lot about having a plan B.  You know, in case he has a career ending injury.

If professional sports don't work out, my farmer and I would love for him to come home to farm after college.  Our challenge is finding an area of the operation that he's passionate about.

He's never been a typical farm boy.  He's not obsessed with farming the carpet with his toy tractors.  He's never liked being dirty.  He's not all that curious about how things work.  If there's one area he gravitates toward, it's technology.  And with the lightening fast pace technology is changing, we're going to need all the help we can get.

Tonight my football team is playing in the MAC championship.  On a normal day, my son makes fun of my team.  He says we play in the Cupcake Conference.  Not today.  Today he's wearing Red and Black and cheering for the best college football team in Illinois.  He looks better in Red and Black, even if his blood runs Orange and Blue.

My athlete - One of the (most important of the) 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the final thing I love about my life on the farm and final thing that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day 1: Grandma Millie
Day 2: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend
Day 12: He's a trend setter
Day 13: Our neighbor BFFs
Day 14: Gardens, farms, and golf courses, and knowing the difference
Day 15: Jam!
Day 16: Our multi-purpose shed
Day 17: He gives me permission to be a slacker
Day 18: He's all about function
Day 19: He loves our NEW dog
Day 20: July and August
Day 21: He puts me in charge of fun
Day 22: He's industrious, even on holidays
Day 23: The art of strategic small talk
Day 24: Small town youth activities
Day 25: Creature comforts
Day 26: Finding common ground
Day 27: The FFA
Day 28: The future of our operation

No comments:

Post a Comment