Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Day 10: He put up my squirrel house

My paternal grandma was a bird watcher and deer lover.  My maternal grandpa had two squirrels that lived in a house nailed to a tree in his backyard - Frick and Frack.  My grandparents would have been great livestock farmers.  Unfortunately, they lived in subdivisions. 

When I told my farmer that I asked my dad to build me a squirrel house, he looked at me funny.  He wasn't quite sure why I wanted to encourage squirrels in the yard.  He didn't understand, yet he produced an old fence post for me to mount my house on.  He even helped me mount it.



I think he knew better.



See that golden beauty?  His sole purpose (beyond being a fluffy, lovable companion) is to keep critters out of the yard.  Squirrels may make it up the post and into their house, but they rarely make it back down.  That golden beauty is a vicious squirrel hunting machine.

He put up my squirrel house - One of the 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the 20 other things I love about my life on the farm and 20 more things that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day One: Grandma Millie
Day Two: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend



No comments:

Post a Comment