Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 11: Pickup games

I don't really like sports.  I'm not and never have been athletic.  My grandpa used to make us watch Cubs baseball.  I think watching baseball on TV is like watching paint dry.  Listening to it is even worse.  It may also have something to do with my lack of coordination.

My farmer doesn't mind sports, but it's never been his first choice of activities.  He not a die hard fan and he doesn't have a fantasy team.  He'd rather be in the tractor, in the shop, talking to other ag people, or reading ag stuff online.  He really likes what he does.

Our son, on the other hand is a sports fanatic.  He memorizes stats like my farmer memorizes tractor and seed numbers. 

Our son started playing soccer and basketball when he was three, baseball when he was five, and tackle football when he was seven.  He did his first 5K with me at five.  He is currently a three sport kid who runs an occasional race.

Even though my farmer may not share our son's extreme love of the game, the basketball hoop was one of the first things installed in the shed.  He even takes an occasional time out for a pickup game.


It could just be a guy thing.  I see it as encouraging our son's passion.

Pickup games - One of the 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the 19 other things I love about my life on the farm and 19 more things that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day One: Grandma Millie
Day Two: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend



No comments:

Post a Comment