Pages

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day 22: He's industrious, even on holidays

I love holidays.  I don't have to go into the office and even though I may check it, there is no expectation that I will respond to e-mail.  Holidays are truly days off for me.

Not my farmer.  When you work at home, I don't think you ever really take a day off.

This morning we got up pretty early.  I was working on yesterday's post and asked him to run down to his parent's to pick up our daughter.  He said no.  He had to clean the gutters and dig out a tree stump.

What?!  Don't you know it's a holiday?

When I got to his parent's, I discovered my father-in-law was working as well.  The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

My farmer finished his work by the time we had to leave for my parents'.  This afternoon, we added clean gutters and one less thing to mow around next summer to our list of things to be thankful for this holiday season.  

He's industrious, even on holidays - One  of the 30 reasons why I love being my farmer's wife.

Stay tuned for the 8 other things I love about my life on the farm and 8 more things that converted this Sycamore girl into a small town girl:).

And, check out my friend Holly's blog and the list of the other 30 day bloggers at 30 Days on a Prairie Farm.

Day 1: Grandma Millie
Day 2: My clean car
Day 6: Farmer humor
Day 7: The first weekend in December - friends, food, & Farm Bureau
Day 8: His fourth grade girlfriend
Day 12: He's a trend setter
Day 13: Our neighbor BFFs
Day 14: Gardens, farms, and golf courses, and knowing the difference
Day 15: Jam!
Day 16: Our multi-purpose shed
Day 17: He gives me permission to be a slacker
Day 18: He's all about function
Day 19: He loves our NEW dog
Day 20: July and August
Day 21: He puts me in charge of fun

No comments:

Post a Comment