Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

My Cleaning Angel

Last year I finally broke down (a.k.a convinced my husband) and hired a friend to clean. She has been such a blessing. Between work, the kids' activities, and my school, I am rarely home. When I am, I'm buried in laundry and reading. The last thing I want to do is think about the toilets.

My cleaning angel had to take some time off for medical reasons this fall. I miss her. My house is a mess. Not only are the toilets and floors in need of attention, there is stuff everywhere. One of the benefits of having her come every other week is that we keep the house picked up so she can actually clean. Since she's been off, we haven't been doing a very good job at picking up or cleaning.

I was off today. I awoke at 8 a.m. to my husband telling me that the house needed to be cleaned. Even though I fully agree with him, I didn't want to hear it. I didn't want to acknowledge that it had gotten to that point. So I spent my day off cleaning the first story of our house. Washing floors, dusting, picking up. I did not enjoy it. Not even a little. And, I'll have to do it again in no time. Every crumb that falls on the floor leaves me bitter.

Cleaning angel, please come back!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you!!!! We got a cleaning angel right before Mara was born. Actually a team of angels. 4 women swoop in....clean for 90 min.....and swoop out. I come back home after a trip to Target and enter a squeaky clean house. My soul dances every other Monday. I don't ever want to be without them!

    ReplyDelete