Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Good Reads

This fall I have been reading A LOT. Much of it has been for school. I had six books for my fall class. In less than two weeks, I have a 20-25 page paper due and lots of reading to do in the meantime. My paper will examine the persistence rates in higher education of African-American students.

To keep myself sane, I think, I've also been reading and listening to more books for pleasure than usual this fall. Here's what I've finished:

The Hunger Games Trilogy (Suzanne Collins) - I LOVED this series. I stayed up until 2 a.m. on a week night/day to finish the second book. I was truly invested in the characters and was so sad when it ended. I am so excited to see the movie next year.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Stieg Larrson) - I did not love this book. I really didn't even like this book much. It started slow and took awhile to get into. I finished it. The story wasn't all bad but I didn't like the characters. I won't bother with the next books in the series.

Wither (Lauren DeStefano) - This is the first book in The Chemical Garden Triology and another one in the teenage girl genre. I LOVED it! I LOVED the characters! I can't wait until February 2012 for the second one to be released.

The Big Bad Wolf (James Patterson) - This is a mystery about good looking blond women being kidnapped and sold into slavery. I'm about half way through and am enjoying it. It's a nice change from my teenage girl dramas! The library checkout card was blocking the description on the cover of the discs. I didn't know what it was about when I checked it out. I had to stay late at work Monday night and walking through the dark parking lot alone creeped me out. I didn't realize until now that this is ninth book in a series about the main character. I may have to go back and start from the beginning!

With all my school reading, I am going to be in desperate need of leisure reading over the Christmas break. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment