Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Patience

I am not a patient person. I don't like to wait and I don't like surprises. Well, I do if I'm not anticipating them. I like to be in control. Waiting for the seeds to sprout in my basement has been painful. Every morning and every night I carefully inspect each flat to see if anything new has emerged.

Now that I've direct sowed some seeds into my garden I can't wait to see them pop up in rows. I love how my garden looks from our overpass on the approach to my house. It makes me feel so accomplished. Orderly rows just do something for me.

Even though patience is hard, it is sometimes the best thing for me, exactly what I need in a given situation. It's suppose to snow tonight. Not good for newly emerged seedlings. Tonight, I'm happy everything is still underground and wasn't in a big hurry to come up.

After five months of waiting patiently, I finally reaped the rewards of patience in handling a difficult situation. Even though it killed me not to, I did not rush the process. I did not try to present my case but let things unfold naturally. In their own time. And it worked. God has a plan. I just have to remember that and trust in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment