Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Make it stop...

One of my gardening goals for 2009 is to work my vegetable plants into my landscape rather than just my traditional vegetable garden. I'm working on the path and transition from the garage and foundation gardens to my large vegetable garden.


I started with peas. I planted 17 seeds in a circle. As they grow I will tie them together in the center, hopefully adding some visual interest and height. I saw this at a garden shop in Indiana and it looked really neat. It's worth a try. So yesterday I planted two circles in the spaces flanking our LP tank in front of my Korean lilac bushes.

I'm considering taking out the hostas that line the existing path and planting lettuce in its place. I'm just not sure how it will look as I harvest it and the lettuce bolts.

I'm in no rush. As you can see, it's snowing.





No comments:

Post a Comment