Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Loving care.

I started tomato, pepper, eggplant, rosemary and oregano seeds last week. Today I planted broccoli, cabbage and little pumpkins. My growth lights are hung and ready for the first seed leaf to emerge. But I'm worried.

I'm not sure it's warm enough in my basement. And, I don't really know what to do about it. I don't really want a space heater running when I'm not home. Those things scare me to death. I know the growth lights won't emit enough heat. I really don't want to spend $40 on a germination mat. I am full of uncertainty on what to do to get these plants germinated and off to a good start.

This sounds like parenting. With each new stage, however confident I am on the outside, I wonder if I'm doing the right thing. Am I being too strict and taking away some of their independence? Am I right to nurture my son's competitive spirit? How do I reign my daughter in without breaking her extraordinary and strong spirit? Are they involved in too many things? Should I set high expectations? What if they fail? Will they be destroyed? How do I give them everything they need to be happy and well adjusted in our world?

No comments:

Post a Comment