Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

What I learned this week: Being a Mom has Given Me New Ways to Get My Point Across





Before becoming a mom I was an advertising account exec. I don't know if it is the ad industry, the industry I was servicing or just the agency I worked for, but I developed quite the potty mouth. The first time they heard me drop the 'F' bomb, my coworkers celebrated. It was all down hill from there and it's something I have been working on since.



So far the only repeated slips have been about those pesky Asian Beetles. My two year old son was at grandma's one night stepping on them saying, "Damn Bugs, Damn Bugs." At least he was using it correctly,right? And they are the most worthless creature ever created. I STILL have them in my house even though it hasn't gotten above freezing since Christmas. But I digress...



Fast forward to last night. I was changing the laundry around and moved funny. The lid came down on the bridge of my nose, right between my eyes. OUCH.

But instead of 'ouch, out came 'holy cats', 'Oh my gosh', 'Son of a fudgicicle,' and a few more I'm not remembering right now. All in a mumbled, garbled voice that sounded much like that of Ralphie's dad from the Christmas Story using the real words. Even though I was talking in code, I must have gotten my point across because hubby kept the kids from coming into the laundry room to check on me.

I didn't realize until last night, I have replaced my naughty words with new words that mean the same to me but won't get me a note home from school. And, they came out under duress.

That's progress, right?

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Try Razzer Frazzer. It's one of my faves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have Ben read this....maybe he can pick up some of your new words :)

    ReplyDelete